This section of the Brevard Public Schools website is devoted to the proposed attendance boundary changes under consideration for the 2020-2021 school year. The process will conclude with a public hearing at the School Board meeting January 28, 2020. Please check regularly for updates. For more information you can email us at:
firstname.lastname@example.org OR call us at: 321-735-9735
You may also find helpful information on the Equity Innovation and Choice Website and support information on Elementary Educational Location Option and the Equity and Innovations and Choice Timeline Tab for Open Enrollment.
Contact Equity Innovation and Choice Department at 321-633-1000 Ext. 11395.
10-29-2019 - School Board Appointed the Attendance Boundary Evaluation Committee. October 29, 2019 School Board Meeting Agenda
11-19-2019 - Click here for Attendance Boundary Proposals for the School Year 2020-2021
12-05-2019 - Attendance Boundary Evaluation Committee Meeting Educational Services Facilities (School Board Building) 4:00 - 6:00 PM Room 904 A.
12-17-2019 - School Board authorized Public Hearing to be held at the January 28, 2019 School Board Meeting to consider the attendance boundary changes for the 2020-2021 School Year. School Board approved the Attendance Boundary Changes Special Considerations.
Approved Attendance Boundary Changes Special Considerations are:
- New Viera Area Elementary School will open with no boundary with the exception of Area A. All students would apply under the Education Location Option (ELO) process ($30 fee and no transportation).
- The lottery for attending the new Viera Area Elementary School will give priority to students currently attending Quest and Manatee in order to relieve overcrowding at these schools.
- Grant special consideration for any current student within the new Viera Elementary School Area A (affects 3 families and 5 students) to continue to attend Quest Elementary until they complete elementary school under an ELO process ($30 fee and no transportation). These students would not be charged the ELO fee to attend the new Viera Area Elementary School.
- Grant special consideration for any rising 6th graders affected by the Sea Park, Pinewood, Mims and Imperial Estates boundary changes to attend their current school under an ELO process ($30 fee and no transportation).
Evaluation Committee Meeting Background Information 2019-02-05
Evaluation Committee Meeting Scoring Matrix Summary
Attendance Boundary Next Steps
- The January 28, 2019 Public Hearing will finalize Attendance Boundary Changes