Welcome to Art
Hello Artists and Parents!
I hope everyone is healthy and hanging in there! To make the online instruction simple for everyone, I have two places to find weekly art lessons.
- Focus- under the grade level tabs are tabs for activities. Click Art. Lessons and resources can be found here. Links to sites are included.
- Surfside's Website- Click Faculty and Staff and then click Art.
- On my website, I have included lots of links to awesome art lessons if you want more resources besides the Focus art lessons from the district. There is something for everyone and the lessons can be modified to use what you have at home.
- You can pick one activity per week using the supplies you have at home. I suggest doing the Focus activities first, then use my links for extra enrichment if needed. You may complete more lessons, take virtual tours of museums, learn about artists, etc. if you want.
- You do not need to turn in an assignment. I would love to see a picture of what students completed and you can email them to me. This is voluntary and only if you have time. I do not want to add more to your plate! I will make a slide show to add to my web page. You can take a picture of the art or have the student hold the art. I thought it would be fun to see what art kids are making at home!
Please email me with any questions at email@example.com.
I need you to keep working on your yearbook cover! It needs to include:
- Space Theme- rockets, shuttle, planets, galaxy, moon, sun, astronauts, stars, comets, etc.
- The theme "Surfside Students Are Out Of This World!" written in a creative font.
- Surfside Elementary in a creative font or included in your artwork (on a planet, flag, rocket, etc.)
- The year 2019-20
- A panther, can be realistic or animated style
- Full color
- When you are done, take a picture of your cover and email it to me: firstname.lastname@example.org