Astronaut High School is excited to team up with Hope for North Brevard to provide the CHAMP program on our campus! This program centers around the belief that our community can be a real champion for local youth and schools. CHAMP stands for “Community Helps Achieve Maximum Potential”. The facts are:
CHAMP mentoring program is all about positive role models like YOU committing to encourage 1 student for 30 minutes per week. We started the program at Astronaut High School in the 2017-2018 school year and have numerous stories of life-changing impact!Mentoring is a huge need and a real answer for students! As a thank you for your willingness to become a mentor, AHS is giving a complimentary annual pass to attend extracurricular activities.To be a part of the CHAMP program:
- AHS has amazing and gifted students, but many of them also have personal struggles that prevent them from being successful.
- AHS has faithful teachers/staff who tirelessly invest in the lives of students, but often are limited to class time to impact students.
- North Brevard is filled with caring and generous residents like YOU who can make the difference and help students achieve their fullest potential.
What to know more about the program?
- Complete the CHAMP Mentor Form (and return to Chrissy Gordon): Click Champ Mentor Profile 22-23
- Complete BCPS Online Volunteer Application: Click https://apps.raptortech.com/Apply/NjE6ZW4tVVM=
- Complete fingerprinting at Viera School Board office: Click for info- https://www.brevardschools.org/Page/11104
- Complete Mentor Training Modules & Training Google Form https://sites.google.com/share.brevardschools.org/navigation/home
- Read the CHAMP FACT SHEET for more info. CHAMP Fact Sheet 2022
- Attend the CHAMP INFO MEETING Wednesday, September 7, 2022 at NOON in the Astronaut High School media center (lunch provided). For questions, email Chrissy Gordon at Gordon.firstname.lastname@example.org.
AHS Students (& Parents): Do you think you would benefit from having an extra caring adult in your life?