Who We Are
Theodore Roosevelt Elementary School is accredited with the Southern Association of Schools and Colleges. We are located in beautiful Cocoa Beach, Florida. Our school is located on the barrier island between the Banana River and the Atlantic Ocean in naturally scenic Brevard County. We are approximately 20 miles south of Kennedy Space Center. Our students are able to witness launches from the school grounds.
Highlights that make Roosevelt a great place to work and learn:
- PE Teacher Mrs. Michelle Sirounis received the "2021 Champion of Tennis Award" from The United States Tennis Association Florida Central Region.
- Roosevelt PTO is highly engaged and extremely supportive.
- Neighborhood school for Cocoa Beach and also serves the PAFB community housed north of Pineda Causeway
- Strong community support with many schoolwide events for families (Science & Math nights, Multi-Cultural night, Walk Your Child to School Day, Monster Truck Drive Thru Parade for Halloween & Night Under the Stars)
- Extra-curricular activities offered such as Choir, Strings, Lego Robotics, Environmental Club, Art Club, Book Bash, Odyssey of the Mind, Safety Patrols
- NFL Fuel Up to Play 60 School
- Brevard Achievement Through Technology and Innovation Award Winners (ATTAIN)
- Quality School Age Child Care program that has obtained Gold Key status
- Brevard Schools Music Demonstration School
- Keep Brevard Beautiful Central Area Winner for the School of the Month Environmental Award
- 5 Star Golden School Award ( Given for parent involvement)
- Step-Up Florida School ( Given for promoting physical activity by the FL Department of Health)
- Quarterly Awards Program sponsored by a variety of business partners from the local community
- The only elementary school in the district with a gym (Roosevelt was orignally built as a Junior High School)
To provide a safe and supportive environment in which students are guided in becoming
independent lifelong learners and respectful citizens. We strive to meet the unique needs of
all students through a commitment to educational equity and excellence.
Roosevelt students are empowered to reach their full potential and succeed in a safe,
engaging environment filled with a rigorous education and an understanding, respect, and
tolerance for differences.
Mrs. Kathryn Lott
Mrs. Roxanne Blaile
Title IX Coordinator
Roosevelt Elementary School
1400 Minutemen Causeway
Cocoa Beach, FL. 32931-2099
Front Office Hours: 7:30AM - 3:30PM
Phone Number: 321-868-6660
Fax Number: 321-735-9752
Cafeteria Phone Number: 321-868-6669
School Child Care Number: 321-868-6668
District Phone Number: 321-633-1000