Welcome to Guidance
Welcome to Viera High Guidance!
The Guidance Department includes our School Counselors, School Social Worker, College & Career Specialist, and our Guidance clerks. We are here to help with academic, social/emotional, and future planning areas.
Summer Hours for the Guidance Office are 8am to 2pm. Please call 321-433-4337 to reach our Guidance clerks to make an appointment. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with Dual Enrollment forms. FLVS classes will be approved every day by the counselor that is in the office.
*Counselors will not be in the office June 5th, 9th, and 30th, and July 3rd-7th.*
1. Seniors: Above is the Senior Survey for requesting your final transcript to be sent to a school. Please fill it out completely for the final transcript to be sent. If you took EFSC classes, you need to request a transcript from EFSC to be sent to your college/university.
2. College Decision Day May 1st:
See where our students are going....Embry Riddle, UCF, UF, USF, SCAD, Flagler, Florida Tech, Eastern Florida,Georgia Tech, FSU, Holy Cross, Missouri S & T, Mars Hill University, St.Leo University, Long Island University, Houghton University, Jacksonville University, Emmanuel College, Flagler...to name a few.
3. Mrs. Contreras is back from Maternity Leave!
4. Find helpful information regarding EFSC dual enrollment: https://www.brevardschools.org/domain/11610
5. Seniors: Drop off your volunteer or paid-work hours to Guidance by May 25th to still be considered eligible for Bright Futures.
6. Re-enrollment for returning Brevard County students for 2023-24 is currently available on the Parent Focus Portal. This re-enrollment online process takes the place of the paper application packets that BPS previously used and is required for all students that plan to attend Viera High School in the 2023-2024 school year. The re-enrollment form should be completed as soon as possible to ensure your student’s schedule is completed in a timely manner.
- If you do not have a parent Focus account pin, please email the school tech Kyle McFall at email@example.com.
- Parents/guardians will need to verify student information and upload the proofs of residency through Focus.
- Please provide two proofs of residency (one item from each Tier):
Tier 1 – copy of Driver’s License, lease or mortgage. Must have current address.
Tier 2 – copy of a recent (within 30-45 days) utilities statement, or Florida Voter Registration card, or Florida vehicle registration.
- If you do not plan to have your child to return to Brevard Public Schools in August, please contact the Guidance office 321-433-4337 for end of year withdrawal procedures. We look forward to another great year!
Re-Enrollment Parent Instructions FOCUS
Welcome to the new Focus online re-enrollment process! Here is some important information as you get started re-enrolling your child in Brevard Public Schools.
● Re-enrollment may be used for current BPS students that will be returning in August.
● You must complete separate forms for each child
HOPE Waiver Athlete
Complete this form after the two junior varsity and/or varsity sport seasons have been successfully completed.
HOPE Waiver JROTC
Complete this form after two (2) years of JROTC have been successfully completed.
Rising 9th Grade Course Selection Form
2023 9th course selection form
Freshmen Classroom Presentation
From November 29, 2022
Sophomore Classroom Presentation
Feb. 2023 10th grade classroom presentation
Junior Classroom Presentation
April 2023 11th Grade Presentation
Senior Classroom Presentations 22-23
From October 5 & 6 in Senior English classrooms
Early College Parent Night Presentation
From February 6, 2023, 5:30-7:30pm
9th/10th Parent Night Presentation
March 21st, 2023
Senior Parent Info Night Presentation 22-23
From September 6, 2022, in the Auditorium
Curriculum Night Presentation
January 24, 2023, 6-8pm
FAFSA Senior Parent Night
From November 29, 2022, 5:30-7:30pm