News crew is open to students in grades 4, 5 and 6.
Please stop by the library if you are interested in having a postion on the news crew.
This is a job to be on the morning news crew. There are 180 morning news shows.
Morning news runs from 7:50 till approx. 8:05 each day. Students are able to borrow ipads and camera to take pictures and videos of school events for broadcast on the morning news, social media and website.
- Students will be required to complete 2 two 3 powerpoints/google slides a month. They will have a layout and will just need to complete the items for the date assigned.
- Slides are due by 7pm, the night before the morning broadcast. Students are welcomed to come work on slides in the library during morning mile, lunch and/or recess. I need to review each slide presentation. If I do not have before 7pm, I do not have time to review.
- Students show up for morning news on scheduled dates. They are welcomed to come to morning news each morning.
- Students check in with their teacher before coming to the newsroom.
- Must be willing to compete powerpoint or google slides on time.
- Must be willing to come to meetings to learn how to make the powerpoints and practice speaking in front of a camera.
- Be able to arrive by 7:50, when scheduled to be our news anchor or helping with equipment.
- Follow PAWS and be a role model and complete classroom assignments.
- Maintain passing grades
Failure to meet job requirements:
- 1st miss of a slide show, just a warning.
- 2nd miss of a slide show, a 2nd warning.
- 3rd miss...off news crew for the rest of the quarter.
- 4th miss… off news crew for the rest of the year.
- If a student is not performing in their classwork, teacher discretion applies and students can be taken off news crew.