Welcome to the Media Center
Media Center Hours 7:30 - 3:15
Coquina Elementary School
Reading is one of the most important skills your child will learn in school. Like all skills, improvement comes with practice, and the Coquina Elementary Library provides a wide variety of books for students to borrow for reading practice, information, and enjoyment.
Your child’s class will visit the school library weekly to select books. You can help your child by reading to or with him/her and asking questions about the story. Encourage your child to spend time reading with you, other adults and siblings daily. Regardless of a child’s age reading together is always a benefit.
The library program has some exciting opportunities in store for your child this year:
- Our curriculum will be promoting the very best of children's literature to your child with activities designed to help students enjoy the stories even more.
- We will be doing our very best to get (or keep) your children "hooked on reading" by recommending specific reading materials to each individual.
- At each grade level, students will be learning research and computer skills specifically suited to their developmental needs.
- The new iPads in the library will be available for research and reading.
- We have a few special events being planned. Look for additional information on the school webpage and Facebook page.
- We have two book fairs planned, Sept. 20th - Sept. 27th and Jan. 24th - Jan 31st.
- We encourage you to stop by the library before or after school to pick out a book or two to read with your child.
- If you would like to volunteer to help in the library, please let me know. We'd love to have you.
Here is the link for the Reading Counts Survey.
T Shirt Rewards for Reading Counts:
The total points needed for shirts must be earned by the end of quarter 3, March 13.
2nd Grade: 50 points
3rd Grade: 100 points
4th Grade: 150 points
5th Grade: 200 points
6th Grade: 250 points