BETA is an honor society; members must maintain a 3.0 GPA and be of excellent character.
BETA is also a service organization promoting and assisting with at least four projects a school year. Previous service projects include a toy drive, a book drive, collection of hygiene kits for the homeless, assistance to a women’s shelter, and an annual food drive in conjunction with the Jr. Honor Society.
Members of the BETA Club believe in and strive to promote the principles of:
- Honesty: We know that honesty is necessary to the formation of good character, and that the principles of honesty dictate that we not only refrain from acts of dishonesty; but that we perform our duties fully and take advantage of the opportunities afforded by circumstances.
- Justice: We believe that it is only right and proper that we should be just and fair in our dealings with our fellow-beings; and that we should consider all factors before forming an opinion of another’s motives, or before passing judgment.
- Service: Being convinced that the rendering of helpful service to our fellow-beings is a duty and privilege, we can attain lasting satisfaction only by rendering such service to the best of our ability.
- Cooperation: Knowing that we must work closely and in a friendly manner with others, we must show respect and strive at all times to be dependable.
- Responsibility: We believe that full happiness is possible only through full acceptance of responsibility for our actions.
- Industriousness: If we are to be a factor for progress in our community and a real help to others – our minds must be alert and our hands must be ready to perform tasks.
- Humility: Humbleness of spirit is the only proper attitude in order for us to maintain our relations with our associates.
- Charity: We are tolerant in our appraisal of the ideas of others; generous in the use of our worldly assets; considerate of the rights of others; courteous in our actions toward all alike; gentle in our efforts to correct errors in others.