Welcome to West Shore's National Honor Society
Sponsor: Mrs. Landmesser
The National Honor Society (NHS) is a nationwide organization for high school students in the United States, which consists of many chapters in high schools. Selection is based on four criteria: scholarship (academic achievement), leadership, service, and character. The National Honor Society requires some sort of service to the community, school, or other organizations. The time spent working on these projects contributes towards the monthly service hour requirement. The National Honor Society was founded in 1921 by the National Association of Secondary School Principals.
West Shore’s NHS Chapter’s responsibilities/requirements:
- $9 Annual dues used for a senior scholarship
- Maintain an unweighted GPA of 3.5 or higher
- Earn the required number of service hours per year
- Follow both the West Shore and NHS honor code
- Remind: Text@wsnhs to 81010
- Meeetings-Thursdays, Power Hour A
August 2018 National Honor Society Meeting Minutes
- Dues of $9 (in an envelope labelled with the student’s name) are due by September 7th to Ms. Henderson’s room (4-205). Dues are worth 2 points.
- Remind: Text @wsnhs to 81010.
- Instagram: Follow @west.shore.nhs on instagram for more detailed updates.
- All members must have 20 points by the end of the school year.
- August Service Project: Write a letter giving advice and motivation to 7th grade students.
1 letter = 2 points. 2 letters = 4 points. (Max. of 2 letters)
Due September 7th to Ms. Henderson’s room (4-205).
- Induction Ceremony: October 24th
If you don't have a smartphone, get text notifications.
Text the message @wsnhs to the number 81010.
If you're having trouble with 81010, try texting @wsnhs to (321) - 252-1666.
Standdard text message rates apply.
NHS New Member Application Process
National Honor Society will be accepting applications to join the club starting Wednesday, August 22. All students currently in grades 10th – 12th can apply as long as you have an unweighted 3.5 GPA. All applications need to be completed and turned in to Ms. Henderson’s room 4-205 by Thursday, August 30 at 3:45. You can pick up your application in Ms. Henderson's room (4-205). No late applications will be accepted!
If you have any questions, please feel free to stop by Ms. Henderson’s room.