Welcome to Viera High School's Chapter of the National BETA Club!
Achievement | Character | Leadership | Service
Faculty Advisor: David Formanek
Faculty Email: email@example.com
**WELCOME NEW MEMBERS!**
For volunteer and service-learning projects outside BETA Club, please visit JustServe.org and VolunteerMatch.org.
National BETA Club is a service-learning organization, with an emphasis on developing strong leadership skills and a commitment to serve the community. Our motto is to Lead by Serving Others. Membership at Viera High School is open to all 9th - 12th grade students with a minimum 3.0 GPA (cumulative, unweighted). All eligible students are encouraged to apply when the application window opens in the Fall and Spring.
2022 - 2023 Officers
REBECCA DEVOID, President
DIYA TURAKHIA, Vice President, Activities
TRISTEN SHOMAKER, Vice President, Membership
JUNO MOTOKI OLSEN, Secretary
ALLIE DeMARCO, Treasurer
ISABELLA DeSTEFANO, Historian
Member Requirements (summary)
- Maintain 3.0 or higher GPA (cumulative, unweighted).
- NO detentions or referrals; AND
- Adhere to Viera High School Non-Negotiables; AND
- Brevard Public School's Student Code of Conduct; AND
- Act with honesty, integrity; AND
- Exhibit respect for self and others.
- Serve as Team Leader or Project Manager for at least one service project; OR
- Serve as an elected or appointed Club Officer; AND
- Attend at least four (4) General Membership meetings per semester.
- 30 hours per school year (August - May); OR
- 15 hours per semester. (August - December & January - May)
Hours Log Deadline (2022 - 2023)
- Class of 2023: Friday, May 5, 2023
- Class of 2024: Friday, May 12, 2023
- Class of 2025: Friday, May 19, 2023
- Class of 2026: Friday, May 26, 2023
Document all hours on your BETA Hours sheet and include them on the Bright Futures log. Turn your hour logs in when due. Mr. F collects only the BETA sheet; guidance will collect Bright Futures sheet. Be sure to keep a copy for your records.
General membership meetings are held on the second Tuesday of every month..
Officer/Leadership meetings are held on the first Tuesday of every month.
Attendance is tracked. Additionally, members participating in specific service projects will meet as needed to accommodate planning, organizing, and completion of each project. Meeting location(s), day(s) and time(s) must be prearranged, included in project proposals, and receive approval from faculty advisors. Advisors reserve the right to attend these meetings with or without notice.
Club Membership Information
**Check back often for important news, announcements, and updates!**
Membership Fee Waiver
For students qualifying for FREE or REDUCED lunch and need assistance paying annual membership fees. Complete and submit with your official BETA Club Application.
(UPDATED!) 2021-22 Membership Expectations
New Member: Sign and return.