Class of 2023 Senior Updates!!!
Hello Seniors Class of 2023!!
Senior Updates 2023 (3/10/23)
Graduation Cap and Gown Delivery
Graduation caps and gowns will be delivered on Thursday April 13th (Seniors last name A-Q) and Friday April 14th (Seniors last name R-Z) in the cafeteria lobby during lunch. Any orders that are not picked up on those days can be picked up in Mr. Draves’s room 3-111 after those delivery dates.
If you have not yet ordered your cap and gown or graduation gear, you can contact Jostens directly at 321-242-2055 or go to www.jostens.com
Prom will be held on Saturday April 22nd from 7:00PM – 11:00PM at the King Center in Melbourne. Dinner will not be included but hors d'oeuvres, soft drinks, and desserts will be provided.
- JUNIORS are invited to come to prom but may not bring guests from outside of the school or from other grades.
- SENIORS can invite guests from other Brevard High Schools or if they are under 21 and a resident of Brevard County. Please fill out the Non-VHS guest form below. Non-VHS guest forms will be made available in Mr. Draves’s Room 3-111 or by clicking here: https://www.brevardschools.org/site/handlers/filedownload.ashx?moduleinstanceid=18612&dataid=43553&FileName=Non-VHS_Student_Dance_Approval_Form_Prom_2019.pdf .
Prom Ticket sales will be held in the cafeteria during lunch during the week of March 21st - March 24th for $50 per ticket. In person ticket sales can be purchased with cash, check or money orders. Please make checks out to “Viera High School”. They will also be sold online through GO fan from March 21st - April 19th but there is a convenience fee attached to that (around $4 extra). To avoid the convenience fee please purchase the tickets in person the week after Spring Break.
Grad Bash (Universal Studios)
Grad Bash takes place at Universal Studios (both parks) from 6:00PM until 2:00AM. This year, VHS will be attending Friday night April 28th .
- The buses will load at 4:30 PM to leave promptly for Universal. We typically return to campus by 3:00 AM the next morning.
- The cost this year is $150 per senior. That cost includes the price of both parks (annual passes are not permitted for special events) and the cost for bus transportation (private vehicles are not permitted for this event).
- Students who plan on attending should pick up a permission form prior to purchasing their tickets. Since the trip is out of county and overnight, the forms will need to be notarized regardless of the age of the senior. The link for the form is found here https://www.brevardschools.org/site/handlers/filedownload.ashx?moduleinstanceid=18612&dataid=94472&FileName=Grad%20Bash%20Permission%20Forms%202023.pdf
- Tickets will be sold during lunch in the cafeteria during the week of April 3rd- April 6th. In person ticket sales can be purchased with cash, check or money orders. Please make checks out to “Viera High School”. They will also be sold online through GO Fan from April 3rd – April 21st but there is a convenience fee attached to that (around $8.50 extra). To avoid the convenience fee please purchase the tickets in person the first week of April.
Graduation Practice and Senior Breakfast
The last day of classes for seniors is Monday May 22nd . Graduation Rehearsal will begin at 9:00AM in the cafeteria with a senior breakfast, followed by a slide show, then graduation rehearsal. Students will receive their NINE graduation tickets upon the completion of the rehearsal. If students fill out the FAFSA form they will receive 10 tickets. See below for information on FAFSA. After rehearsal the seniors will be invited to a cookout and field day to celebrate their last day on campus. More details on the field day cookout will come soon.
Graduation and Project Graduation
Graduation will be held Friday May 26th at Hawk Stadium here on campus. The ceremony begins at 6:30 with the gates opening at 5:00PM. More information on graduation will be handed out at rehearsal on May 22nd . There will be handicap parking and seating around the stadium. The ceremony is typically completed by 8:30 PM.
Project Graduation will be held for graduates that evening at Route 7. Any graduate interested in information on this time-honored tradition can visit https://www.vierahighprojectgraduation.com/for more info.
FAFSA Fill out and Extra Graduation ticket info from Guidance
How to complete the FASFA: https://bigfuture.collegeboard.org/pay-for-college/financial-aid-basics/fafsa/how-to-complete-the-fafsa
FASFA Application: https://studentaid.gov/h/apply-for-aid/fafsa
We are still accepting FASFA confirmations for students to receive 1 additional graduation ticket and a chance to win a $50 gift card. You need to be in it to WIN it!
Cap and Gown orders are happening now through December 20th!
If you haven’t already, order your cap and gowns now through December 20th. The only items students need to walk in our graduation ceremony is a cap, gown and tassel.
1. Video walk-through (explains it all) can be accessed via this link. https://vimeo.com/flgrad/viera2023
2. Direct link for Viera HS to order cap and gowns is https://flgrad.com/schools/viera
Jostens office contact info - 321-242-2055 | email@example.com | firstname.lastname@example.org | 3133 Skyway Circle | Melbourne, FL 32934
Graduation Flyer with QR Codes
Project Graduation Website: 2023 Project Graduation
Please click on the link attached to sign up for the Senior Remind messages. I use this system to send texts to students AND parents on all things senior related. For example, when to order cap and gowns, Prom, Graduation and Grad Bash. All the good stuff you need to know so that you are prepared for senior year!
Click here for the link on how to sign up for these messages.
Non-VHS Guest form for Prom 2023
Seniors are allowed to have 1 guest. Juniors may not have any guests that are not Juniors at VHS