Each year, school administrators nominate outstanding teachers in their first and second years of teaching. To be considered for the district title, nominees must complete an application which is scored by a panel of judges.
The winners will be honored at next year’s annual ABC Awards, invited to join the Teacher Leadership Council, and have the opportunity to represent the district through speaking engagements and other leadership roles.
Congratulations to our BPS Rookie and Emerging Teachers of the Year!
District Rookie Teachers of the Year (first-year teachers):
- Elementary School: Joshua Katz of Croton Elementary
- Middle School: Amanda Taylor of Southwest Middle
- High School: Brooke Haid of Rockledge High
District Emerging Teacher of the Year (second-year teachers):
- Elementary School: Alexis Henriquez of Longleaf Elementary
- Middle School: Rachael Moore of Stone Magnet Middle
- High School: Sophia Wixted of West Shore Jr./Sr. High