- Compensation Services
- Division Overview
- Employment Services
- Evaluation Systems
- Human Resources
- ORIENTATION - AKA Mandatory Pre-planning Videos
- Professional Learning & Development
- Professional Standards & Labor Relations
- Quick Links
Substitute Employment Minimum Qualifications
In order to become a Substitute Teacher with Brevard Public Schools the applicant:
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Present a valid Social Security and FL Driver's License.
- Be physically able to perform the duties of a substitute teacher.
- Have earned the Minimum Education Requirement (HS Diploma or equivalent).
- Complete all required employment paperwork (See Career Pathway steps)
- Pass required pre-employment screenings (Drug Screening and Security Clearance).
Additionally, the following qualifications are preferred:
- Internet access.
- Adequate and reliable transportation.
- Availability to work Monday through Friday in all grade levels and subjects.
If you have questions or concerns regarding your acceptance as a BPS Substitute Teacher, please contact 321.633.1000, ext. 11205 BEFORE you begin the process.
NOTE: If you have ever been PERMANENTLY EXCLUDED as a substitute teacher by Brevard Public Schools, YOU MAY NOT REAPPLY - NO EXCEPTIONS.