Substitute Techers Needed
Create your own work schedule! Substitute teaching is a very flexible job. You could work 5 days a week or only 1 day a week if you choose.
In order to become a Substitute Teacher with Brevard Public Schools the applicant:
- Must be at least 18 years of age (Elementary Only) otherwise 21 years of age.
- Present a valid Social Security and FL Driver's License.
- Be physically able to perform the duties of a substitute teacher.
- Have earned the Minimum Education Requirement (HS Diploma or equivalent).
ParaPro Test may be required (https://www.ets.org/parapro/)
- Complete all required employment paperwork (See Career Pathway steps)
- Pass required pre-employment screenings (Drug Screening and Security Clearance).
Pay scale :
With a High School Diploma or Associates Degree - $10.00 per hour
With a Bachelor’s Degree or Higher - $12.50 per hour
Retired Teachers - $16.25 per hour
There is also a monthly incentive based on number of hours worked. A substitute teacher who works between 40 and 79 hours in the month is eligible for a $50 bonus, those who work 80-119 hours is eligible for a $75 bonus, 120-159 hours a $100 bonus, and 160+ hours a $150 bonus.
Please follow the link below to start the online application process.
If you have additional questions please contact Kendra Appleton at 321-633-1000 ext. 11205 or Appleton.firstname.lastname@example.org